Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13091/3273
Title: STM32 Based Underwater Control Card Design
Authors: Ataner, Ercan
Özdeş, Büşra
Durdu, Akif
Terzioğlu, Hakan
Keywords: ARM (Acorn RISC Machine)
AUV (Atonomus Underwater Vehicle)
PID (Proportional Integral Derivative)
ROV (Remoted Operating Vehicle)
IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) ARM (Acorn RISC Machine)
AUV (Atonomus Underwater Vehicle)
PID (Proportional Integral Derivative)
ROV (Remoted Operating Vehicle)
IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit)
Issue Date: 2020
Abstract: Unmanned underwater vehicles (ROV/AUV) are robotic systems that can float underwater, are autonomous and remotely controlled. Today, unmanned underwater vehicles are used in a wide range of areas such as underwater search and rescue operations, ship underwater maintenance and repair operations, taking images from dangerous environments where divers cannot enter, military use, inspection of wrecks and underwater cleaning. The number of ROV/AUVs with domestic hardware and software on the sector is very limited. Because of this deficiency, we worked on such a project to support nationalisation. Designed for underwater vehicles, the Control Board used the ARM-based STM32 microprocessor and auxiliary elements such as IMU, pressure sensor, communication card. Only 2% of microprocessors produced in the world are used in personal computers. The remaining 98% is inside the electronic devices in our lives. There's no way anyone familiar with the developments in electronics these days has ever did not heard of ARM. Almost all mobile devices, especially mobile phones, have processors with ARM architecture. The designed control card can be used for vehicle control and communication with the ground station in remote controlled and autonomous vehicles. In this study, the design of the Control Board, which will perform depth and direction control of underwater vehicles using PID algorithms, was explained. Instead of automatic cruise control systems for ROV / AUV platforms that currently need to be imported from abroad, it is aimed to develop innovative automatic cruise control systems (hardware and software) and sub-components domestically.
URI: https://doi.org/10.31590/ejosat.804609
https://search.trdizin.gov.tr/yayin/detay/1135942
https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13091/3273
ISSN: 2148-2683
Appears in Collections:Mühendislik ve Doğa Bilimleri Fakültesi Koleksiyonu
TR Dizin İndeksli Yayınlar Koleksiyonu / TR Dizin Indexed Publications Collections

Files in This Item:
File SizeFormat 
10.31590-ejosat.804609-1325490.pdf794.88 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
Show full item record



CORE Recommender

Page view(s)

142
checked on Mar 4, 2024

Download(s)

48
checked on Mar 4, 2024

Google ScholarTM

Check




Altmetric


Items in GCRIS Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.